Asian Cabbage Salad
A colorful mixture of cabbage, carrots, herbs, and oranges, tossed in a sweet and spicy almond butter dressing. This keto-friendly cabbage salad is perfect for meal prep and summer gatherings!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 carrots peeled and julienne cut
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted, to garnish, optional
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds optional, to garnish
Asian Cabbage Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons almond butter sub tahini, sunflower seed butter, or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil toasted
- 3 tablespoosn lime juice
- 3 tablespoons ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1-3 teaspoons sriracha chili sauce
Add all dressing ingredients to a blender, and process until smooth and creamy.
Add all vegetables, herbs, and fruit to a salad bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine. We start with 1/2 of the dressing, and serve the salad with additional dressing on the side.
Optionally, garnish the salad with toasted almonds and sesame seeds.
No Almond Butter? or a Nut Allergy? Make this salad nut free by using tahini or unsweetened sunflower seed butter in the dressing. Omit the almonds and top with toasted sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds instead.
Mix up the Herbs: Chopped fresh mint and basil taste wonderful in this salad, if cilantro isn’t your thing!
Lower the Carbs / Make this a Keto Asian Cabbage Salad: If your carb needs are very low, omit the oranges and the edamame. You can add sliced red bell pepper if you’d like to add some more color and texture.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4065IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 3mg