https://zensweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Whoopie-Pies.jpg 1676 1679 Corey Winer https://zensweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/ZenSweet-Social-Stamp_white-outline.png Corey Winer2020-03-29 22:32:062020-05-27 14:08:20Whoopie Pies
A delicious chocolate brownie whoopie pie with a decadent peppermint whipped cream filling. These will be a hit with the kids and adults in your house!
- Rimmed Baking Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop
For the Cakes
- 1 bag ZenSweet Dark Chocolate Brownie mix
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or coconut oil
- 2 eggs beaten
For the Filling
- 1 tsp grass fed gelatin Vital Proteins or Great Lakes brand
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup ZenSweet powdered in a coffee grinder or high speed blender
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea *find one with a vibrant green hue, or sub green spirulina
- 1/2-1 teaspoon peppermint extract *brands vary in intensity, so add more to taste if necessary
For the Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside
- In a small bowl, combine ZenSweet Dark Chocolate Brownie mix, oil, eggs and blend well
- Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes
- Use a cookie scoop to portion 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized mounds of batter 2 inches apart on the prepared pans, if needed pressing down to an even thickness
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until puffy and the surface springs back when tapped
- Transfer with a metal spatula to a rack to cool completely
For the Filling
- Place cold water in a small, microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water and let it bloom for 5 minutes. Place the bowl in the microwave and melt for 5-7 seconds.
- In a cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Add the powdered ZenSweet and combine, and then add the matcha and peppermint extract, and whip again.
- Drizzle in the gelatin and mix until stiff peaks form
- Spread a rounded Tablespoon of ZenSweet Whipped Cream on flat sides of half the cookies, then sandwich with remaining cookies
Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Cranberry: Omit the matcha and the peppermint extract, and use 2 tablespoons of pure cranberry juice (no sugar or water) to bloom and melt the gelatin.
- Pumpkin Spice: Omit the matcha and peppermint extract, and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the whipped cream mixture.
- Egg Nog: If anyone experiments with this flavor, let us know how it goes! It sounds amazing.
- Peanut Butter: Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter into the whipped cream, instead of the matcha and peppermint extract.
- Classic Vanilla Whoopie Pie recipe
Calories: 294kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 5gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 158mgPotassium: 81mgFiber: 5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 486IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!