What is a Chaffle?
If you haven’t jumped on the Chaffle wagon yet, this Cinnamon Roll Chaffle is the perfect one to start with!
Chaffles are a trend in the low carb world that involve making a waffle out of a blend of cheese and eggs, and sometimes include sweet or savory additions. They are most popularly made with mozzarella cheese, which has a mild flavor, meaning lots of flavor combinations are possible. The cheese and egg mixture cooks into a soft waffle with crispy edges.
At their most basic, chaffles include eggs and mozzarella, and are then cooked in a waffle maker.
The BEST Sweet Chaffle Recipe
We love our chaffles with a little extra flavor, and this Cinnamon Roll Chaffle is a real winner in our house.
It has some almond flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener to give it the perfect baked good texture. To really send it over the top, it includes a simple glaze made from 3 simple ingredients – cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and powdered ZenSweet.
This low carb, keto chaffle recipe will satisy your sweet breakfast cravings!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Chaffles
Step 1: First, whisk the egg in a bowl, and add the mozzarella cheese shreds, almond flour, vanilla, cinnamon, and ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener. Mix to combine.
Step 2: Spray a waffle iron with avocado or coconut oil, and then heat it up. When it’s ready, add some chaffle batter to the center of the waffle iron, being careful not to overfill it. If you add batter to fill the middle half of the waffle iron, it will spread out as it cooks.
Step 3: Remove the chaffle from the waffle iron when it’s crispy around the edges and fully cooked in the center.
Step 4: Prepare a glaze for the chaffles by whipping up softened cream cheese, powdered ZenSweet, and some whipping cream to thin it out.
How to Top Sweet Chaffles
We love this sweet chaffle topped with the creamy “glaze” and some strawberries.
Be on the lookout for sugar free maple syrup as well! We are working on a ZenSweet maple syrup recipe and will add that in here soon.
Nut butters also make great toppings, as well as other berries like blackberries and raspberries.
Whatever you choose, we know you’ll LOVE these chaffles!
Other Sweet Keto Recipes
About ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener
Our Monk Fruit Sweetener is made with only the best ingredients to make healthier treats for your family. It tastes like sugar, making it possible to serve your family delicious treats that are actually good for them!
All of our recipes are based on whole foods, and use this sweetener to give them the delicious sweetness we crave with desserts!
If you try this recipe, be sure to share your creations with us! Find us on Facebook or Instagram, and be sure to tag @ZenSweetLife !
Cinnamon Roll Chaffles
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- cooking spray avocado or coconut oil
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Add eggs to a medium sized mixing bowl, and whisk to combine. Add the ZenSweet, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla, and whisk again. Add the mozzarella cheese and mix to coat in the egg batter.
- Spray a waffle iron with coconut oil or avocado oil, and heat it. Once it's preheated, add some of the chaffle batter to the center of your waffle iron, being careful not to overfill it. The batter will spread and rise as it cooks. Cook the chaffle for about 4-5 minutes, until it has browned and the waffle iron stops steaming.
- Top the chaffles with the glaze, and strawberries or sugar free maple syrup, if desired.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to cream the softened cream cheese. Add the heavy whipping cream and ZenSweet, and mix until a smooth and creamy glaze is formed.