A classic Thanksgiving side dish, this Keto Cranberry Sauce will complete your meal without adding unnecessary sugars.
This recipe is from our partner Michelle at Blissfully Low Carb. Michelle focuses on a healthy keto or low carb diet, with recipes focusing on whole foods ingredients.
A Great Low Carb Thanksgiving Side Dish
What’s Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce?
Following a low carb or sugar free diet does not mean you have to go without!
ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener tastes just like sugar, and measures cup for cup, so it’s easy to put together a cranberry sauce the whole family will enjoy with their holiday meal.
Cranberries are a low sugar fruit, with lots of fiber, so combined with water a sugar, make a good addition to your low carb diet.
How to Make Keto Cranberry Sauce
Thanks to ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener, it’s simple to make cranberry sauce using just 1 substitution from your favorite recipe.
Step 1: Add cranberries, water, and monk fruit sweetener to a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium high heat. Allow the mixture to cook (no need to even stir!) until most of the cranberries have popped, which will take about 3 minutes.
Step 2: Allow to cool. The pectin in the cranberries will help the sauce thicken and gel up.
Other Low Sugar Thanksgiving Sides:
- Sweet Roast Vegetable Salad
- Sweet Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, from Sunkissed Kitchen
Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup ZenSweet
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the berries have popped
- Smash or mash berries to reach desired chunkiness
- Sauce will thicken as it cools
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until ready to serve