The BEST Keto Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
Store bought condiments often contain hidden sugars, and even those that do not often have preseratives or chemicals you probably would rather avoid.
The good news is that homemade condiments, like this flavorful sugar free teriyaki sauce, take minutes to make and are loads healthier for you and your family.
This recipe uses only a handful of ingredients: tamari (or coconut aminos), water, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener, and a thickener, like tapioca or arrowroot starch.
Once you have this sauce whisked together, you’re going to want to pour it on:
- Keto Chicken Teriyaki
- Grass-Fed Beef Teriyaki Stir Fry
This sauce is kept completely sugar free using our ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener. Once you try it, there’s no looking back. It measures cup-for-cup like sugar, and tastes like the real thing. Your family won’t be the wiser when they try this delicious teriyaki sauce!
How to Make Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce
Step 1: Into a small saucepan, add the tamari (or coconut aminos), water, garlic and ginger. Whisk to combine, and heat over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
Step 2: Add the Monk Fruit Sweetener, and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
Step 3: Add water to the tapioca or arrowroot starch, and mix to combine.
Step 4: Slowly drizzle the thickener into the teriyaki sauce, whisking to keep it from clumping. Once it’s fully mixed in, remove the sauce from heat and allow to cool.
Healthy Low Carb Teriyaki Meal Ideas
Cauliflower Rice: Start with a bed of cauliflower rice, and then top it with protein of choice (salmon, shrimp, steak, or chicken are great options), and then drizzle with teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki Vegetable Stir Fry: Stir fry your favorite low carb veggies (we love broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and peppers), and add protein of choice, then drizzle with this sugar free teriyaki sauce.
Hawaiian Burgers: Brush your burger with this sugar free teriyaki sauce while grilling, and then top it with jack cheese, a slice of ham or canadian bacon, tomato, and wrap it up in cabbage leaves or lettuce.
Teriyaki Meatballs: Make meatballs with either beef or turkey, and then simmer them in this delicious keto teriyaki sauce! Perfect served over a bed of zucchini noodles.
If you try this recipe, be sure to share your creations with us! Find us on Facebook or Instagram, and be sure to tag @ZenSweetLife !
Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce, see notes for a soy free version
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil toasted
- 1/3 cup ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or organic corn starch or arrowroot, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Into a small saucepan, add the tamari (or coconut aminos), water, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Whisk to combine, and heat over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Add the Monk Fruit Sweetener, and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add water to the tapioca or arrowroot starch, and mix to combine.
- Slowly drizzle the thickener into the teriyaki sauce, whisking to keep it from clumping. Once it’s fully mixed in, remove the sauce from heat and allow to cool.