A Delicious 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
If you’re feeling in disbelief that these gorgeous cookies have just 3 ingredients, we understand! That’s how we felt too when we saw other cookies being made with such simple ingredients.
We decided to give these a shot with our Monk Fruit Sweetener, and were shocked with how delicious they are!
If you love crunchy, nutty, and buttery cookies, and are a big fan of peanut butter (or nut butters in general!), these are for you.
You’ll adore these cookies because:
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies need only 3 ingredients — peanut butter, Monk Fruit Sweetener, and an egg. The nut butter has plenty of fats to keep these cookies from being dry!
- They are customizable! Make these keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies if desired — but you can also make them with almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Add some more flavor! Feel free to add a pinch of salt, plus 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, to give these a little oomph of flavor!
- 1 recipe makes 16 cookies — and they are delicious out of the freezer! Make a batch (or two), freeze them, and have them on hand for a great keto snack or sweet treat! Our kids like these too!
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Step 1: Add the 3 ingredients — peanut butter, egg, and ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener — to a bowl, and start mixing. At first, you’ll be in disbelief that these 3 ingredients will form a thick cookie dough — just be patient! Keep stirring. The liquid in the eggs will cause the peanut butter (or nut butter) to seize, and the dough will thicken enough for the next step!
Step 2: Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to make balls, and lay them out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Leave a little space between each dough ball.
Step 3: Use a form to flatten the cookies. These cookies will not spread, so be sure to flatten them into the shape you’d like them to be after baking. We like to create a little cross hatch by pressing down with the fork, and then again the other direction.
Step 4: Optionally, add chocolate chips. Sprinkle sugar free or dark chocolate chips onto the tops of the cookies and press them in a little. We highly recommend this!
Step 5: Bake the cookies at 350º F for 9 minutes. This makes a crunchy peanut butter cookie. If you’d like your cookies to be a bit softer, bake them only for 7 minutes.
Tips for the Best Keto Cookies
Tip #1: Use a natural nut butter
Whatever nut butter you use — peanut, cashew, almond or sunflower seed — be sure to choose a natural kind that doesn’t have added sugars or oils. These are not only an unhealthy addition to your cookie, but the recipe won’t turn out the same if there are other ingredients in the mix.
Tip #2: Make these vegan
These cookies also work with vegan egg substitutes. You can use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or 1 tablespoon of flax seed meal plus 3 tablespoons of water. Allow the seeds and the water to sit mixed together for about 5 minutes so that the seeds “gel” with the water, and then add it in place of the egg. Store bought egg replacements work as well.
Tip #3: Instead of a crunchy cookie, make a soft cookie
This is done simply by lowering the baking time! After 9 minutes, these cookies will come out of the oven soft but will crisp up as they cool. Bake these for 6-7 minutes and then remove them from the baking tray as quickly as possible to stop the baking and make a softer cookie.
Tip #4: Use ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener!
Our Monk Fruit Sweetener tastes just like sugar, so the whole family will love these cookies! It measures 1-1 in recipes, so it’s easy to transform your favorite family cookie recipes into sugar free treats.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter natural, no added sugars or oils
- 1/2 cup ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add peanut butter, ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener, and egg. Stir the ingredients to combine into a cookie dough. At first, the dough will seem too wet, but continue stirring until a thick batter forms.
- Roll the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls, and place them out onto the prepared baking tray.
- Flatten the cookies with a fork. The cookies will not spread while baking, so flatten them into the shape you'd like your cookies to be when baked.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. See notes about making a softer cookie.