Delicious KETO No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
These fun bars are a twist on our favorites — cookie dough, and caramel candy bars. Luckily for our waistlines, we have a few tricks up our sleeves for recreating these crave-worthy flavors using healthy fats and wholesome ingredients, without adding any sugar. Keto baking for the win!
You’ll CRAVE these bars because:
- They start with a chewy layer of chocolate chip cookie dough (made with our ZenSweet Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough mix!)
- Sandwiched in the middle is a rich, salted “caramel” layer, made with a healthy base of almond butter.
- To really send these over the top, there’s a thick layer of dark chocolate.
- The bars take about 15 minutes to make, and then set in the fridge, so no baking time required!
What are you waiting for? Get in your kitchen and start no-baking!
How to Make Caramel Cookie Dough Bars
Step 1: Mix up the cookie dough layer. This is super simple because we start with our Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. Mix it together with some coconut oil and heavy cream, and an irresistible (egg free) cookie dough is formed! The best part? It’s made with a healthy base of almond and coconut flours and sweetened by our Monk Fruit Sweetener, so while it doesn’t taste healthy, it actually is.
Step 2: Press the cookie dough into the base of a 6×8 baking dish. You can use an 8×8 pan, but your bars will be thinner.
Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together almond butter (cashew or peanut work here also!), powdered monk fruit sweetener, coconut oil, and sea salt. Just a few ingredients to a luscious salted caramel layer! Make sure to get this mixture super smooth.
Step 4: Pour the caramel mixture over the cookie dough. Allow this to set in the freezer for about 20 minutes while making the chocolate layer.
Step 5: In a small bowl, add dark chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips, along with coconut oil, and microwave them for 30 seconds at a time, stopping to stir, to melt. This can also be done in a double boiler. We also LOVE the idea of making your own Keto Dark Chocolate.
Step 6: Pour the chocolate layer over the set caramel layer, and then refrigerate the set. These bars will slice out of the refrigerator, but will set too hard to cut them if frozen. We like to cut ours after they’ve set in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, and then store them in the freezer for snack attacks!
A Perfect Keto Sweetener
We’ve been told our sweetener tastes just like sugar, and we 100% agree! Try it in your favorite baking recipes, and your friends and family won’t notice the difference! There’s no aftertaste, and it measures cup for cup, just like the stuff your grandma baked with.
Our products are perfect for anyone looking to cut down their sugar intake. They are made with low carb ingredients like almond flour and coconut flour, so they are also great for gluten free dieters.
If you try this recipe, be sure to share your creations with us! Find us on Facebook or Instagram, and be sure to tag @ZenSweetLife !
Keto Caramel Cookie Dough Bars
Cookie Dough Layer
- 1 package ZenSweet Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or sub coconut milk or non-dairy milk
Salted Caramel Layer
- 1/2 cup almond butter or sub cashew or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener powdered
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips or 85% dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Mix the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix together with the coconut oil and heavy cream to form a cookie dough.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of a 6" x 8" baking dish. An 8" x 8" pan also works, but the bars will be thinner.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, powdered ZenSweet, and sea salt, until it's super smooth.
- Pour the salted "caramel" layer over the cookie dough. Place the baking dish in the freezer to set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or in a double boiler, being sure to stir frequently to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- When the caramel layer is set, spread the chocolate layer over the top in an even layer. Allow the chocolate to set in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, and then slice the bars.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator or freezer and enjoy chilled.