The BEST Almond Flour Banana Bread
We developed this recipe not necessarily for the keto diet, but just to have a nourishing, sugar free banana bread the whole family could enjoy. It’s so delicious, they won’t suspect you’ve tried to healthy-up this classic treat.
Made with high protein, low carb almond flour, and our superfood Monk Fruit Sweetener, it’s a sugar free banana bread loaded with good stuff.
Bananas are high in carbs, but using just 1 banana gives this loaf tons of fruity flavor without adding too much sugar. You’ll be shocked at how moist it is using just 1 banana and some full fat Greek yogurt.
This keto banana bread has 12 grams of net carbs, so is meant to be an occasional treat that won’t derail your diet. If you are adhering to a strict keto diet, freeze this loaf in slices and pull one out when you’re in need of comfort food! It’s perfect with a mug of coffee or tea.
Best of all? It’s sugar free. Whether you’re on a keto diet, eat low carb. are diabetic, or are just looking to cut sugar out of your family’s diets, this bread is perfect for you!
It’s made with ZenSweet Monk Fruit Sweetener, which measures cup for cup like sugar, and tastes like the real thing!
Use it in all of your favorite baking recipes.
How to Make Keto Banana Bread
Step 1: In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients, and whisk until incorporated.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, and stir until all of the dry ingredients are mixed in.
Step 4: If desired, add nuts. We love walnuts in this bread!
Step 5: Line a bread loaf pan with parchment, or coat it with oil and dust it with almond flour. Pour the batter into the pan, and top with a few additional chopped walnuts, if desired.
Step 6: Cover the pan with foil, tented so it doesn’t ruin the top of the bread as it rises. Bake the bread for 1 hour, and then remove the foil and allow the bread to continue baking for 10-15 minutes, until the top has browned and the loaf is fully cooked in the center.
Variations for Sugar Free Banana Bread
Love chocolate?: Us too. Dark chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips (look for sugar free!) can be stirred into the batter instead of walnuts.
Use your Fav Nut: Pecans, chopped almonds, or hazelnuts also are delicious in banana bread.
Keto Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup ZenSweet
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt full fat
- 1 bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, add the banana, and mash it. Add the rest of the wet ingredients, and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, and stir until well mixed.
- If using, add chopped walnuts. You can add other chopped nuts or dark chocolate, if desired.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment, or grease it and sprinkle it with almond flour. Pour the batter into the pan, and then cover it with foil. Tent the foil so it doesn't ruin the top of the bread as it rises.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 hour. Remove the foil, and continue baking for 10-15 minutes, until the top of the bread has browned and the center of the loaf is fully cooked.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes prior to slicing.
- Store leftover bread wrapped tight in the refrigerator for up to a week. This bread freezes and defrosts great.